I first off have to start by saying how crazy my life has been in the past few months. Everything from family, to old friends, to college, to new friends, and finally to relationships. I have dealt with it all. My family things are just to complicated but its more of all my family members are getting old and sick. My sweet little 4"10' grandmother(mom's side) is having to take care of her brother and sister-in-law who are up there in their late 80's early 90's and both have alzteimers. I pray for grandma every day because she is starting to act like both of them and it is an awful thing to be around. I also pray for my dad, he is getting sick.. I don't want to say what is wrong with him just yet because we haven't found out yet but he needs prayer! Now.. next lets move on to old friends.. i miss them more and more!! when i say "old" friends I dont mean like the ones i dont want in my life, just meaning they are my high school friends who have moved to different colleges and we hardly have time to talk to each other. We have to do something about this... :) but now on to COLLEGE. what a word. NO ONE could ever prepare me for such a wonderful/ crazy atmosphere and school life I would be adjusting to.. It's been a wonderful experience so far but I am so thankful for God's love through this transaction. I have been blessed to be in a sorority who love me for who I am even through the tough times. My "new" friends are who keep me up and going every day and I love them SOO much for that!! It takes a lot to keep active and busy every day but they still manage to do so....
Now on to everyone's favorite subject and topic through these last couple of months. RELATIONSHIPS
I will start off by quoting..
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. So, if you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it would be easy they just promised it would be worth it!"
I love this quote.. i really do!!! I believe in 'everything happens for a reason'. I have changed over the past month and 13 days.. changed for the better but lost a dear friend of mine. No he didn't die, we broke up. I am not going to be one of those ex-girlfriends who says bad things about their other but I am going to say how much I miss him but I am growing stronger without him. I cry a lot thinking about him actually because no one realizes how hard relationship break-ups are unless they have been through it. I talk to people daily about how to help this pain and every one says the same thing... GET OVER IT MARY LOIS!! you deserve so much better!! and I agree to some extent but if people knew my relationship with him then they would feel my pain.. but they don't. I feel like i lost my boyfriend, best friend, partner, etc. BUT I want to make the best out of my life so i am not going to sit around a pout about this. NO SIR. here's what i am going for..."Rejoice in your sufferings...it produces perserverance; perserverance produces character; and character produces hope." Romans 5: 3-5
This saying says it all. Hope.
It is getting late but I am going to leave you with this... I pray that I will find hope in my life to perserve through this deep pain I am taking in from my family, friends, college, and relationships. I will write more later..
"Eventually all the pieces will fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason."
Great blog. I'm linking to it from my site. :-)
ReplyDelete- Justin Grice