6.21.2009

Daddy's Girl

I know it's been a while since I have blogged but I have been super busy and every day I think of something to write about on here but today I just couldn't go any longer so today's blog is dedicated to my Father. What better person to decicate something to than to Him. First and foremost I am greatful to have my Heavenly father by my daily side and to worship him every day. I am also so blessed to have my earthly father with me today as we shared the wonderful holiday of Father's Day together! We watched golf.. I was in bored tears but I still managed to do it.. along with the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou".. awesome movie by the way.
As I sat through the church service today at Temple Baptist I couldn't help but think about those who have lost their earthly father in the past couple of years. I can not imagine what was going through their minds today on this Father's Day 2009.. my best friend lost her father two years ago and my heart hurts deeply for her along with the sweet Weathers' crew who lost their beloved father and husband only a year ago. Our God is Mighty to Save though and I know both of these families are wonderful examples of how we should live for Him. It amazes me how strong they are while people who have both parents are the ones that feel like they have nothing. I am so confused about life right now and I really am focusing on God's Word rather than trying to fix my life for myself the way I want it.
PATIENCE- is my new KEY word for life. Only God knows when it's time for things to happen.

My Hero...My Daddy...



Daddy's Little Girl

As I look back to see
I remember times spent on your knee

When it came to my biggest fears
you came along to wipe away my tears

But as years started rushing by
I'll have to say with a sigh

You needed me just as bad
and those times were so sad

But now we're a family once more
and I know there's so much in store

You always seem to know when I need a smile
especially when you haven't seen one in a while

We seem to always be on the same page
even though there's a big difference in age

We know how to make each other laugh
and it makes time fly past

Daddy thats why I'm so thankful for you
I would never ask for anyone new

I love you so very much
because you help me with all my problems and such

I know you wish you could give me the world
but I'm proud enough with my title
"Daddy's Little Girl"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.