4.13.2009

If only every day was Easter...

Thank you for the cross Lord
Thank you for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace

Thank you for this love Lord
Thank you for your nail pierced hands
Washed me in Your cleansing flow
Now all I know
Your forgiveness and embrace

Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crowns
You reign victorious
High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
Darling of Heaven crucified
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb

This is my absolute favorite song and it means the most to me especaially at this time around this Easter holiday. God died on the cross for me & for you.. that is just a statement I've always heard growing up in church but this year it means so much more for some reason than ever before. I have finally realized how imporant life really is! While driving home one afternoon from school last week I kept singing Christian songs on the radio that were Easter related and it just made me think of this..

If every day was Easter...
then we would worship to Jesus to our fullest and not think twice about it
everyone you come in contact to is in a jolly and happy mood (only bc it is a holiday)
Stores and restaurants would be closed because of this "Religious Holiday"
School would be closed. :) & students would be able to breathe and rest up!!
Churches would have wonderful Easter programs <3
& last but not least.. families would be joined together to celebrate the risen Christ!

I love my church more than anything.. This is one reason why I stayed in Hattiesburg for college because the few Sundays I go out of town I miss my church more than ever!! I hate not going!! I really do feel like I have a "church family" and I have met so many new friends through the years and I really love the worship at Temple Baptist.

This weekend has been one of the craziest weekends because just in the next three weeks of school i have SO much going on. From school work (which is wayy to much to do), to Chi O events, to baseball games and family outings! WHEW! I am overwelmed but I know my God won't give me nothing that I can't handle! I got a citation (ticket) today at school for parking in the wrong area and I was on the phone with a good friend when I found it and I just laughed so hard when I saw it because I was like.. Really? THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME! I park there all the time and this ONE day they hunt me down and give me it! ah! Whatever.. you gotta learn somehow!

Thanks for the prayers. I wish you all the best of luck this week & enjoy yourself!

In our bonds,
Mary Lois

"1 son, 2 boards, 3 nails.. because He lives, I can face tomorrow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.