I am feeling very inspirational tonight so I will write some quotes and passages from my favorite book in the whole world, "Let God Surprise You" by a former Miss America- Heather McCallum and author Angela Hunt.
Sometimes God allows pain...
to teach us.
Sometimes he allows hurt...
to mature us.
"The Greatest dreams you can imagine will find their source in your greatest passions."
Don't despair when disagreements enter your life. Seek the counsel of wise and godly men and women around you. Check your motivations, stay true to God's word, and if you discern it to be God's will, hold the course.
I smiled when a friend told me this story: A man fell asleep, and in a dream he heard the voice of God. "Come outside," God said, "I have something to show you."
So the man woke up and went outside to find a huge boulder in his front lawn. "Now," God said, "Push against the rock."
So the man pushed and pushed and pushed for days, weeks, and months he concentrated on pushing the boulder, but the big rock would not budge.
Giving into discouragement, the man cried out to God, "I can't do it! You told me to push the boulder. I've tried with all my might, but it hasn't moved an inch."
He heard a soft laugh from above. "Why are you discouraged?" answered the Lord. "I told you to push the boulder- I never told you to move it. Only I can move a boulder of that size. But look at what has happened while you've been pushing- you've developed muscles, you've strengthened your patience, and tested your faith. So keep pushing until I'm ready to move the boulder."
I love that story. Though God will ultimately do the moving, he asks us to be co-laborers with him. He asks us to learn and stretch ourselves. He wants us to work as if everything depends on us, and pray as if everything depends upon him- because, ultimately, it does.
and that is how I see today and tomorrow and however many more days of life I am privileged to possess: Each day is a gift of God, each sound is a blessing I don't deserve. God is SO good!
Our God is a God of healing. Sometimes he heals through miracles, sometimes he heals through medicine, and sometimes he heals through both. Let God surprise you- pray for guidance, then walk through the doors he opens for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.